£13 Derm Approved Skin Calmer Is 'best Ive Tried, My Skin Is So Healthy And Smooth'

£13 Derm Approved Skin Calmer Is 'best Ive Tried, My Skin Is So Healthy And Smooth'

It's that time of year when the weather changes, the central heating comes on and suddenly your skin can have new demands. If your face is dry, easily irritated, and tight, you could probably use one of the best barrier products to soothe, hydrate, and strengthen your skin.

The best skincare products work by restoring your natural protective barrier, which is essential to keeping your complexion calm and happy. One key ingredient to look out for is ceramides, which are naturally found in the skin. These fats act as a kind of protective "cement" between skin cells, trapping moisture and keeping out irritants and germs. Hyaluronic acid, probiotics, and plant oils are also commonly found in skin-strengthening products.

All in all, the ultimate skin barrier booster can be of great help if your face is prone to breakouts or can't seem to retain moisture. To find out what will make the difference to your skin's comfort and appearance, we asked our testers to try the latest barrier boosters—here's what they told us are the best.

The best tested and approved barrier amplifiers

honey lollipops

Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer, £42

Soothing and hydrating buckwheat honey imparts a dewy glow, while botanical ceramides strengthen the skin's barrier.

Tester Natasha says: "It goes on easily, it's more like a gel, so it's really nice and refreshing. My skin felt soft and glowing, with less redness. I also had fewer spots. A friend told me my skin was glowing, I asked what I use, what's different, at first I thought this product might be too expensive, but after using it for a few weeks and seeing the difference, I think it's worth it.

magical fog

Pai Century Flower Lotus & Hyaluronic Acid Barrier Defense Mist £49 here

The hydrating and soothing facial mist is clinically proven to strengthen the skin's barrier function, meaning fewer breakouts.

Tester Janine says: “At first I didn't see the point in the fog. I couldn't see how it would moisturize my skin. However, I fell in love with the wonderful scent and as I continued to wear it, I was mesmerized by it. It really did a good job of moisturizing, no need to rub in as it's a very fine mist and my skin is not oily. My skin is less red, less irritated and I look fresh. I will definitely buy another one. 5/5

fast worker

Trilogy Microbiome Complexion Renew Serum £29.50 here

This antioxidant-rich plumping serum promises to increase the diversity of beneficial skin bacteria within one week and reduce redness within three days.

Tester Suzanne says : "The serum is really light and absorbs well. I'm very happy with what this serum has done for my skin. It's smoother, hydrated and overall healthier. My complexion is more even and my skin is 4/5 brighter

incredible value

Dove Dermaseries Regenerating Night Face Cream £13

It is part of a line of dermatologically approved products to stimulate the production of ceramides in the skin, creating a healthy barrier from within.

Tester Lisa says: "Better than any night cream I've ever tried...and I've tried a lot, including much more expensive ones!" It smells great, has the perfect consistency and comes in a tube so less waste. My skin feels great after application; it's soft and smooth and doesn't feel dry the next morning. They told me my skin looked healthy. Love! It really works.” 5/5

a great field rider

Cassiopeia Sitting Queen Whey Concentrate £59

This soothing serum creates a lipid barrier with niacinamide, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and organic seed oils.

Tester Mandy says: "Glides on beautifully and doesn't smudge other products. I think this is a great all-in-one serum with lots of active ingredients. My skin feels soft and hydrated, my complexion clear and even. It looks healthy with a beautiful, younger-looking glow." .This is quickly becoming one of my favorite serums.

READ MORE:

Best Cleansing Balms | Tips on how to make them work better for you!

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post