Designer Anna Murray's Personal Style Is A Lesson In Timeless Simplicity

Designer Anna Murray's Personal Style Is A Lesson In Timeless Simplicity

"I think I've simplified my image over the years," says Anna Murray, reflecting on her evolving style.

“Now I am more confident in how I look and feel, and I am less influenced by seasonal trends. But I still have that 'boyish' look, just toned it down a bit."

This casual and confident approach to clothing can also be applied to her own brand Laing Home, which she founded in 2016 with a focus on pajama and luxury homewear, and has since expanded into timeless everyday wear.

Murray, who had an extensive and successful career in marketing and advertising before starting his own business, recently collaborated with local accessories brands Walker and Bing for Laing Home's first textile print line consisting of the perfect summer dresses, shorts, tops silk, and trousers. .

READ MORE:
* The most important fashion and beauty moments of 2022
* You can't say otherwise. Kate Fowler has very good taste
* "Hobbit tech boss" is one way to describe Sarah Hopkinson's personal style.

Like in her wardrobe, the print represents a combination of timelessness with touch. "I'm not a slave to trends, but I like to spice up my look," says Murray. “Like a black blazer paired perfectly with 70s flare pants. Or a print with a strong loud color on the back.'

Simplicity and power is my style. I like to keep my wardrobe simple, so I think simple styles make it easier to put clothes together. And the clothes must remain. I don't have a huge wardrobe and literally wear whatever I feel like. That's why I'm always looking for work that I know will receive heavy rotation.

I work from home so I dress very casually. Soft trousers or jeans, classic shirts and cashmere sweaters. This makes me very nervous when I get dressed to go out. I'll look at a simple dress with a blazer, then add heels and jewelry. On the weekends, you can usually find me gardening, hiking, or often in my pajamas.

When it comes to style, luxury is how beautiful fabrics like cashmere and silk feel against my skin. Or just a perfectly designed item that speaks to a time and place. I recently bought a pair of classic Celine shoes that I'm sure will wear well into my 80s.

The most sentimental item in my wardrobe is my mother's Marilyn Saint trench coat. I remember my mom buying it in a skirt to match. How beautiful she looks on her way to work or on a date. Now I have a coat and I still wear it. It fits perfectly and the style is still relevant.

The best thing I've ever worn is my wedding dress. It was designed by Angela Wickstead, mother of [designer] Emilia Wickstead. He stood. Beaded pearl dress with a satin duchess skirt. I can ask her to dance later.

Satin French cuffs, beaded waist. Hard to believe. The underwear was so short that I had to stand all night. My daughter wore it for her wedding.

I hope my beaded Karen Walker dress will be my keepsake in the future. I can't say when I bought it, but it was at least 15 years ago. I love the modern look on a 1920's beaded shirt. It really looks like a work of art.

My first memory of a dress is of a fabulous Susan and Samuels dress from when I was about 7 years old. It was probably the first dress my mother willingly put on me. Then I dress like a man.

My style staple is a pair of nice jeans and an oversized white shirt. Shirts should be thick cotton poplin and jeans should be classic dark jeans. I've been loving Totem jeans from Fabric Boutique for the last few years. Great style and jeans.

My skin care routine is sunscreen. I recently realized how much damage I was doing to my skin by not wearing sunscreen every day. So now ZO Skin Health's sunscreen works every morning no matter what. It's also a primer, so I don't apply cream too often.

For makeup, Nars Light Reflecting Foundation and Kosas Creme Blush are suitable. Both give a soft, less painted look.

On my wish list

Celine Cabas drawstring bag, $5,150.

Great summer dress and I love the texture.

Reine Clementine dress: $945.

I love Fleur's founder's simplicity and commitment to craftsmanship.

Walker & Bing Josephine Holster, $280.

I love the vibe of this print and the sarong is an essential part of the New Zealand summer collection.

Gucci Horsebit Leather Pump, $1,505.

A truly elegant and comfortable heel with a touch of practicality. I would feel stable in it even at 70 years old.

F Miller Skincare Set, $220, Tessuti.

Perfect for traveling to recover tired or dry skin.

Original Maximalist Style - Victorian interior design

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post