Terry Bradshaws Health: His Battle With Cancer & How Hes Feeling Now

Terry Bradshaws Health: His Battle With Cancer & How Hes Feeling Now
View the gallery
Image credit: JA/Everett Collection
  • Terry Bradshaw was diagnosed with bladder and skin cancer
  • After being treated for bladder cancer in 2021, he was diagnosed with a rare Merkel cell skin tumor a year later.
  • His wife Tammy, a former radiation therapist, said he was "terrified" after the second diagnosis.

Football fans have come to love Terry Bradshaw as a Super Bowl-winning quarterback in the '70s and a friendly sports analyst on FOX's NFL Sundays since 1994 . In October 2022, during one of his television shows, the legendary athlete shocked his legions of fans when he revealed that he had been battling bladder and skin cancer for over a decade. A year.

In 2022, Terry Bradshaw revealed that he was battling cancer. (JA/Everett Collection)

As for why he left the fight behind closed doors, Terry said he was "not apologizing" to the public, according to a November 2022 appearance on Today . "I didn't talk about it because I didn't want any regrets," he explained. “I haven't talked about it yet, because a lot of celebrities, unfortunately, I'm one of them, when they say, I think like millions of people in America, 'Oh look, they. Bless her heart. He has cancer. I didn't want it

The Pro Football Hall of Famer didn't even mention it on his social media at the time. Instead, weeks after her cancer was revealed, she took to Instagram to share a photo with her friend William Shatner .

Even his wife, Tammy Bradshaw, kept the news to herself, saying she feared the consequences. "The doctor called to tell me what it was, and I was shaking because I had been a radiotherapist for 10 years," she told Hoy . “I knew what it could be. I knew what the outcome would be. And I was scared a second time with this diagnosis.

With the support of his family, including his two daughters Rachel and Erin , it seemed Terry was in good hands. Here's what you need to know about your health issues, how you're feeling today, and more.

Terry Bradshaw was diagnosed with cancer

On the October 2, 2022 episode of Fox NFL Sunday, Terry announced his cancer diagnosis a week earlier following rumors about his health following his shortness of breath and needing assistance during the show. . "Last week on this show I was choking and [co-star] Howie [ Lang ] picked me up and a lot of people asked me what was wrong with me," the Bradshaw Bunch star said. "I just want to talk about it and let him know what's happened in my life."

"I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November. I went to Yale University Medical Center for surgery, treatment. To this day, I'm free of bladder cancer. Well, that's good news. Then in March, I feel better. Neck pain I had an MRI. , now we have a tumor on the left neck and it is a Merkel cell tumor which is a rare form of skin cancer.

Fortunately, doctors have also been able to eradicate skin cancer, this time at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

What is Merkel cell skin cancer?

According to the American Cancer Society , Terry first battled bladder cancer, which occurs when cells that make up the bladder grow out of control and form tumors. Over time, cancer can spread beyond the bladder to nearby organs and structures. There are different types of cancer that start in the bladder, such as urothelial carcinoma, also known as transitional cell carcinoma. (TCC), the most common type depending on the data source.

Regarding Terry's skin cancer diagnosis, the Mayo Clinic describes Merkel cell carcinoma as "a rare type of skin cancer that usually appears as flesh-colored or red nodules on the face, head, or neck." as neuroendocrine carcinoma of the skin. According to the Mayo Clinic, "prolonged sun exposure or a weakened immune system" can increase the risk of developing it, and it primarily affects older adults.

Both types of cancer were treated by removing the tumor.

How long has Terry Bradshaw been sick?

When Terry shared her shocking cancer news in 2022, she revealed that she had been diagnosed with skin cancer in November 2021. As mentioned, he defeats her, but soon after, in March 2022, he discovers that she also has a rare form. Skin cancer.

How is Terry Bradshaw today?

When Terry announced the news of his secret battle with cancer in October 2022, he revealed that he was then cancer free! “My friends, I may not look the same, but I feel the same. I'm cancer free, I'm feeling great, and I'll be back to where I was in a little while," he said Sunday on Fox NFL , so I appreciate your prayers and concern.

He also expressed his heartfelt thanks to Tammy for all her support in a follow-up interview a month later. "I can't imagine not holding her hand when we got off the plane," Terry told TODAY . "Or when we land, or when we embrace each other, when we're in bed together."

And he said he is ready to enjoy every minute with his wife of 8 years. "We go to Europe, we go to Paris, we go wherever we want. I'm going to drop everything because I think I don't want to delay anymore. "I might have 25-30 years left, but I'm going to do what I do. .”

Click to sign up to our free HollywoodLife daily newsletter for the latest celebrity news.

Terry Bradshaw addresses health issues and reveals he is battling cancer. “Man, I can't see

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post