Teddi Mellencamp Details Candid Conversations With Her Kids About Her Mental Health During Skin Cancer Journey

Teddi Mellencamp Details Candid Conversations With Her Kids About Her Mental Health During Skin Cancer Journey

Teddi Mellencamp experienced "really bad" postpartum anxiety after giving birth to her second child.

"When I found it, I didn't tell anyone. And I felt so much worse trying to create the illusion that I was great. But inside, I was really struggling and It made me sabotage a few relationships in my life because I was so unhappy but I didn't know why... I was just trying to be everything to everyone when I couldn't. Page Six told “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” in an exclusive interview.

“So,” she said of her skin cancer journey, “I realized I had to be completely honest with the people in my life.”

Mellencamp (42) was diagnosed with stage 2 melanoma in October 2022 after his friend and former teammate Kyle Richards noticed several spots on his upper back that "didn't look good."

Richards immediately “texted his dermatologist” and made sure Mellencamp was fired that same day. The doctor eventually removed one particular spot and asked the accountability coach to come back in three months, when he discovered “several other spots.”

“That’s when I went from dermatologist to oncologist,” Mellencamp says.

From the beginning, the former Bravolebrity has been brutally honest with her millions of social media followers about her various appointments, treatments, procedures and surgeries, always stressing the importance of checking her skin.

In October 2022, Mellencamp was diagnosed with stage 2 melanoma . Teddimelncamp/Instagram
The "RHOBH" alum opens up to her social media followers about her visits, treatments, procedures and surgeries. Camp Teddymellen/Instagram
Mellencamp tells us she is also "vulnerable" and "open" with her children. Teddimellenkamp/Instagram

Even though her children are still young — daughters Slate are 11, son Cruz is 9, daughter Dove is 4, and stepdaughter Isabella is 15 — Mellencamp told us she's "vulnerable" and " open” with them about physical and mental problems.

“I’ll tell them if I have any problems. For example, today was not my best day. "I was late for this interview, and I'm never late," she said, explaining that she "couldn't sleep," "would wake up really early," then "had to do back and forth" to have breakfast. do and “take these things “one way or another.” “The children are going to bed. “at school” – all before he started “podcasting”.

"When I woke the kids up, I said, 'Hey guys, just so you know, mom's a little stressed today. It has nothing to do with you. I just want you to know, so if I'm feeling a little uncomfortable, please." Don't take it personally, I only have 75 things to do before I go to work at 8 in the morning and I love you so much and I'm so proud of you and I hope this afternoon I won't be a grumpy mom anymore."

Mellencamp and her husband Edwin Arroyave share daughter Slate (11), son Cruz (9) and daughter Dove (4) .

The Two T's in a Pod host tells us her approach not only gives her kids "peace," but also a safe place to share their feelings with her.


More reality TV updates on Page Six


But her work is still a work in progress, as she sometimes feels a "strange feeling of guilt" when her husband, Edwin Arroyave, is busy working and taking care of the house while Mellencamp needs to "rest and recuperate ". operation.

The former Bravolebrity's approach not only gives her children "peace," but also a safe place to share their feelings with her. Teddimellenkamp/Instagram

On Boxing Day, he underwent a “wide excision” in which much of the skin on his right shoulder was removed and replaced with skin on his lower back.

Mellencamp said he spent the holiday with his entire family and didn't hesitate to show them his emotions.

“I looked at everyone and I started crying and I just said, 'I love you. I'm so afraid of tomorrow, but I love you so much and I care about you so much. And you made my Christmas. The fact that everyone came here to be with me and celebrate, and that I can put on my pajamas and celebrate Christmas like this, it means a lot to me. And knowing that you are each other,” she told us.

Mellencamp underwent a “wide reduction” in December 2023 and indicated last week that its margins were clear. Instagram/@teddimelncamp

"I mean, it's true, and then I went to my husband and said, 'Look, if I can't do this, you need to find yourself a good next wife,'" she said. added, making sure she meant what she meant. she says. “Your voters should not leave because you need to find a good mother for our children.”

Mellencamp was “grateful” that Arroyave (46) did not “have to make that decision,” as he said last week the difference was clear.

“There are some unusual places, but you just have to keep an eye on them and check every three months,” he told us. “But this is the first time I’ve gotten [good health].”

Inside Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave's $4.07 million Los Angeles home | ROBH | GOOD

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post