Man Credits Diet Change And £19.99 Skin Cream For Treating His Psoriasis

Man Credits Diet Change And £19.99 Skin Cream For Treating His Psoriasis

An Arts Council worker who "went into lockdown" after waking up with scaly red spots the size of raindrops on his face and body is looking forward to celebrating Manchester Pride this weekend after a "magic cream" and a £19.99 transfer. Diet cures his anger. Looking for skin.

Scott Cunningham, 27, had fair skin as a teenager and suffered from mild psoriasis, a skin condition that often causes scaly patches of skin, when he was 21.

The steroid cream prevented mild attacks until October 2021, when Scott, from Salford, Greater Manchester, woke up to find his whole body and face covered in ugly, itchy red spots that wouldn't move.

His confidence was so shaken that he rarely left the house. In April 2022, Scott said he had replaced steroid creams with a vegan diet and medication that cost less than £20, adding: “.

"I feel on top of the world and falling back in love with myself as a fun, funny, sassy person," she added.

When Scott first developed psoriasis in October 2017 while studying for an MA in radio and television scriptwriting at the University of Salford, he didn't think much of it.

He says. "I just checked into my dorm and when I came out of the bathroom, I saw two or three red spots on my body.

"I just assumed it was the usual dirty environment that was causing my skin to react."

On the way to the therapist, Scott prescribed a steroid cream to relieve the dry skin, which worked at first.

He says. “The copy worked, but in retrospect I think they just masked the problem rather than solving it.

"I went into the same old cycle of using steroid creams where my skin was bad for two weeks, watched it go away, then used my regular moisturizer for two weeks. Then my skin broke out and I put the cream back on.

"It was a vicious cycle, but at the time it was just a minor annoyance."

Scott added: "My skin doesn't cause me physical pain and you can't see the stains on my clothes, so I can still work, socialize and date without feeling inferior."

But then, in October 2021, Scott, who is still single, developed a throat infection and woke up a few days later to find small, scaly, red spots all over his body.

"It seems to have happened overnight," he said.

“I have dozens of raindrop-sized scales all over me. I'm so scared. I don't know what happened.'

After returning to his GP, Scott was diagnosed with intestinal psoriasis, a skin condition that causes small, tear-shaped sores on his chest, arms, legs and head, and was prescribed more steroid creams.

But this time they didn't work, according to Scott, who said: “The cream seems to have stopped working, but when I looked at it they said it was my only option.

“I was always grateful for my youthful looks and always attracted attention on dating apps, but I started to lose my confidence. Every time I look in the mirror, I feel an overwhelming sense of dread. I look terrible.. I feel completely exhausted and absolutely hopeless."

When the ulcers began to spread across Scott's face in March 2022, he stopped appearing.

"I became a recluse.

“During a team meeting at work, I would turn off the camera and stop organizing meetings with friends because I didn't want to be seen.

"When I have to go to the supermarket, I see all the kids looking at me and it makes me sick."

He added: “One day I went into a newsstand and they asked me if I was ill and I was upset. I guess. "I will never buy necessities from you again."

Going to Manchester Royal Infirmary's emergency centre, Scott was recommended special light therapy, which is often used to treat psoriasis, but he faces a 60-week NHS waiting list.

After prescribing other ointments and antihistamines that did not work, he decided to take matters into his own hands. He says. "April came and I thought I couldn't take it anymore."

Scott adds, "I began researching intestinal psoriasis for hours every night after work from 5:30 to 2 a.m. trying to understand the condition and how to improve it."

By interacting with patients on skin forums and analyzing research findings, Scott is creating a new discipline starting with diet.

He says. “I didn't eat a lot of fruit and vegetables before I started this. I only eat cooked food, mostly pasta and chicken, and any chocolate I can get my hands on.

"I started with Hanna Sillitoe Natural Skin Care with apple, cucumber and celery juice for three days, then started making dairy, meat and gluten free soups and dinners."

"I had apple, beetroot, parsnip and carrot soup, or peas and mushrooms," he added.

In the meantime, Scott began taking supplements, including vitamin D3, zinc, omega-3 and magnesium, and researched plastic-free moisturizers.

He says. After reading the recommendations I found Balmonds Skin Salvation and bought a 120ml bottle for £19.99 for facial care and slowly started to notice a difference.

"I started using different creams on my body and also applied coconut oil and turmeric essential oil at night."

Along with the new diet, Scott slowly began to notice a difference.

He says. “I was warned that it could sometimes get worse before it gets better in the first few days, and it didn't last long.

"After that I lived for about a month and finally the spots started to diminish and became less red."

After gaining confidence, Scott decided to join his friends on holiday in Gran Canaria, Spain in June, where he saw a huge difference.

He added: “Every day I am getting better, I am at sea and on holiday and by the end of ten days my face and body look almost clear.

"I can't believe it. I'm amazed." Allowing himself to reintroduce white meat and fish into his diet, Scott continued his new love for fruits and vegetables and followed his new strict skin care regimen, finally starting to replenish it. Her social calendar is back as her improved face regains her confidence. He says. "I went to the club back in June with friends and it was great to dance the night away and feel good."

She added: “I'm starting to use dating apps again and feel more confident.

"changed my life". With the Manchester Bank Holiday coming up in August, Scott can't wait to enjoy the holidays with friends without worrying about his skin.

He says. "I can't wait to be with my friends and feel good knowing I'm healthier and happier inside and out."

Meet Monat by Jo Ann Hester.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post