This Plumping ‘Facial In A Bottle Helped Me Turn A 3Step SkinCare Routine Into A SpaWorthy Experience

This Plumping ‘Facial In A Bottle Helped Me Turn A 3Step SkinCare Routine Into A SpaWorthy Experience

Any dermatologist will tell you that the key to healthy, glowing skin is a simple, consistent skincare routine: all you need is a cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen in the morning, and a cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer in the morning. the night But in an age where 11-step routines have become the norm on social media, it's easy to lose sight of what constitutes "essentials."

As someone who has worked in the beauty industry for ten years, I change and expand my routine almost every day. Although I always start with test product samples, I always add a new one or two to my face and stick to other skincare steps that have been staples over the years. Overall, this method worked for me. But recently I tried a new serum and sunscreen on my face at the same time, which sent me to the dermatologist for sudden inflammatory rosacea (unlike anything I've ever experienced) associated with seborrheic dermatitis around my nostrils. . As expected, the gut told me to take it easy STAT.

Here's the thing, though: When you use fewer products, your skincare routine can lose its luxurious glow and start to feel more like a chore than a spa-worthy experience. So, to make sure my nighttime routine kept its ritualistic nature, I decided to turn a simple skincare routine into the ultimate form of self-care, and Motif Abundance Plumping Phytoceramide Cleanser ($65) helped me do just that.

bottle of Motif Abundance Plumping Phytoceramide Cleanser. bottle of Motif Abundance Plumping Phytoceramide Cleanser.

Abundance Motif Phytoceramide Replenishing Cleanser - $65.00

It's a gentle cleanser made with botanicals like pineapple ceramide, white orchid, licorice root, monkey fruit tree and fermented rice—ingredients that will often be expensive. It's spa-worthy and has so many benefits as a cleanser, so it felt like the perfect versatile yet restorative product to add to my new combo regimen.

After getting over my fear of skin, I scaled back my nighttime routine to cleansing, treating and moisturizing as prescribed by the doctor. This means ditching my post-makeup double cleanse, limiting harsh or unnecessary treatments, and keeping things as simple as possible.

After two weeks of using a prescription sulfacetamide cleanser on my skin, not giving it a second thought and wanting to make my normal skin care routine feel like a ritual, I was ready to try the new Motif Phytoceramide Cleanser. At the same time, I added steam, aromatherapy, light and music to the agenda.

As someone who usually relies on Michael at the end of the day, it was nothing short of fun to turn my nightly skincare routine into a steamy face and body experience in the shower. I set the mood by setting the shower to a very hot temperature to miss the shower. Then I turned off the lights, turned on my GE Color-Changing LED Night Light ($6), lit my Legend Candle Meditation Candle ($26) and turned on some Bon Iver sedation. After I shower, I spritz JR Watkins Sleep Aromatherapy Shower Mist ($15) five times and massage in Motif Abundance Replenishing Phytoceramide Cleanser and let it act like a mask for a few minutes before rinsing.

GE Color Changing LED Night Light - $6.00

Apothecary Meditation Candle - $26.00

JR Watkins Sleep Aromatherapy Mist in the Shower - $15.00

That's the beauty of this cleanser: it can be used as a normal facial cleanser or left a bit more like a mask to enhance its smoothing and brightening effect and focus your work.

The texture of the formula is reminiscent of a clay mask (but without the same drying properties) and is infused with microscopic granules of a physical exfoliant derived from the dried fiber pods. They are combined with fermented rice and bromelain ("a pineapple enzyme proven to soothe, reduce redness and brighten") to gently detoxify without damaging the skin. Meanwhile, Phytoceramide plumps the skin and strengthens the barrier, while antioxidant-rich botanicals such as White Orchid and Monkey Fruit Tree protect, brighten and fade hyperpigmentation.

Despite being plant-based (something that would normally send me running for the hills with my acne-prone skin) and abrasive, this cleanser is dermatologist-tested, which is why I believe in including it in my routine to close, if only for a little while, to treat skin like no other. And I'm so happy! It is a type of cleaner. It cleanses, hydrates, plumps, brightens and smooths, all while smelling like a salon facial, making it a great choice for my daily nighttime goals. All in all, this is a luxurious cleanser that I plan to incorporate into my new relaxing nighttime routine for the next few months.

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down (Official Music Video)

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post