Scarlett Johanssons Favorite Moisturizer Made Her Skin Glow On The Asteroid City Red Carpet

Scarlett Johanssons Favorite Moisturizer Made Her Skin Glow On The Asteroid City Red Carpet

The #WesAndersonEdit hashtag currently has more than 128 million views on TikTok, with users flaunting their interpretations of the director's controlled yet quirky filmmaking style. The viral trend will soon receive even more inspiration when Anderson's latest film, Asteroid City , hits theaters on June 23.

Newcomer actress and co-founder Scarlett Johansson plays a huge role in the film as actress, and huge lipstick fan, Midge Campbell. After debuting at the Cannes Film Festival last month, 'Asteroid City' opened in New York this week, with Johansson and her co-stars celebrating its upcoming arrival in theaters around the world.

Portrait-1498278076 ©Taylor HillGetty Images

Before she hit the red carpet at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall on Tuesday, Bazaar.com caught up with the star to see all the products she and makeup artist Frankie Boyd use to prep and perfect her gorgeous... used look. Read on to find out more about Johansson's latest skin and makeup trends, including some of her brand's best-selling products, as well as the fragrances she keeps changing.

Was your look for the New York premiere inspired by your Asteroid City character, Midge?

Scarlett Johansson: If I asked [stylist] Kate [Young], she'd say yes. Kate said that my character would wear this dress and I believe her.

Scarlett Johansson as Midge Campbell in Asteroid City © Image courtesy of IMDB Scarlett Johansson as Midge Campbell in Asteroid City

Have you discovered any new beauty tips or techniques since you were cast in the role?

SJ: Not really a beauty hack or technique, but I found out that you can't layer gel polish over regular nail polish, it just doesn't work. So that? We don't know, but it doesn't work. I tried.

Do you usually wear bold makeup or more natural makeup on the red carpet?

SJ: I love wearing bold makeup on the red carpet because I've always loved color. And I think I understand that when I see how my mom changes from day to night when she's out with my dad. She always wore a full glam face covered in makeup, she always did, and so I am inspired by her beauty transformation like that.

How do you prepare your skin for makeup before the premiere?

Frankie Boyd: Scarlett usually comes prepped with her own moisturizer, so I apply it lightly and apply it directly to my skin.

SJ: I always come after I wash my face, then I use the Outset serum and our moisturizer.

FB: She has always taken care of her skin.

Do you have a red carpet fragrance rotation?

SJ: I was at a party in Cannes and a friend of my friends gave me a hug and I smelled so good. He was carrying a "Portrait of a Lady" by Frédéric Malle, which is very old-fashioned, and he took out a light bulb and gave it to me! That was very kind of you. I also love the Aesop model that Nathan's social media team has been using since the beginning. We went to the kick off party and it smelled so good. I could tell he was a little reluctant to tell me what it was, but I bought it. I also like Narcisco Rodríguez's; it smells so good. There is also a Hermès called Terre d'Hermès that I like. I confuse it quite a bit.

What part of the casting process do you like the most?

SJ: I've probably just seen all these cute cakes I work with and it's such a joy to put them all together. We have known each other for a long time in different ways. Frankie and I have been working together for a long time so it's best to share with everyone.

Scarlett Johansson prepares Asteroid City © Scarlett Johansson Scarlett Johansson prepares Asteroid City

I don't know if this is a favorite part of the process or not, but before I started using Outset regularly, Frankie spent a lot of time correcting my skin because I had a lot of acne and congested skin, so I felt like I would. wear it a mask. Now, my favorite thing about the prep is having clear skin that I am proud to show off and not ashamed of, and that is really the result of consistently sticking to my skincare routine.

Is there any touch-up product in your bag?

SJ: I try not to touch up too much on the red carpet because I always end up with one side of the lipstick higher than the other or a different shape. Frankie always says she knows when I touch my lipstick because one side is round and the other is pointy. But I stick with blotting paper or lipstick.

FB: And I put a little powder on it just in case.

SJ: I try not to touch it too much. I feel like once you're on the red carpet, you just have to stand up for yourself.

What is one of your favorite songs on your preparation playlist?

SJ: Probably "Disco Heat", the Sylvester song. I love New Year's Eve.

Johansson and director Wes Anderson on the red carpet at the Asteroid City premiere in New York. © Nina Westervelt - Getty Images Johansson and director Wes Anderson on the red carpet at the Asteroid City premiere in New York.

Diet with the most important things of daily use | THE BEGINNING

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post